Mr. Peyton's practice focuses on medical malpractice defense, personal injury litigation, insurance defense, labor and employment, civil litigation, municipal litigation and construction litigation. Since joining the firm, Mr. Peyton has participated in a variety of matters in federal and state trial courts in Tennessee and Mississippi.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Peyton served as an officer in the U.S. Navy, where he served in a variety of billets including engineering officer aboard a destroyer, weapons officer aboard a guided missile frigate and admissions officer at the U.S. Naval Academy. He is selected for promotion to Commander in the Navy Reserves.
Mr. Peyton obtained a summary judgment for an emergency room physician in the Circuit Court of Shelby County, Tenn. He also successfully represented the physician through plaintiff's appeal to Court of Appeals of Tennessee (July 2009), and successfully represented an appellee cardiologist as co-counsel in the Court of Appeals of Tennessee (February 2009). Mr. Peyton also reconstructed complex financial transactions to resolve discrepancies in the accounting records of an investment advisory firm and wealth mangement firm involving an erroneous six-figure payment.
- B.S., United States Naval Academy, 1993
- M.B.A., Jacksonville University (Florida), 1999
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, 2006
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Mississippi
- Leadership Memphis
- Mid-South SuperLawyers - Rising Star 2011
- The Memphis Bar Association Leadership Forum, 2009-2010
- The Order of Barristers Executive secretary of the Moot Court Board
- Third place in the National Black Law Students Association Frederick Douglass National Moot Court Competition
Mr. Peyton coaches the ABA Labor and Employment and National Black Law Students Association mock trial teams at The University of Mississippi School of Law and the Central High School mock trial team in Memphis, Tennessee. Mr. Peyton serves on the board of directors for Memphis Second Chance, Inc., an organization geared toward reducing recidivism in single felony offenders. In addition, he is a member of MPACT Memphis and serves as president of a local homeowners' association.
Papers, Presentations & Publications:
- Tennessee, 2006
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2007
- All federal and state courts in Mississippi, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2006
- Holliman v. McGrew, No. W2008-00907-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. Ct. App. Feb. 5, 2009), Peatross v. Shelby Co., Tenn., No. W2008-02385-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. Ct. App. Sep. 10, 2009)
Inducted into the United States Naval Academy Athletic Association Hall of Fame. Mr. Peyton is a Navy reserve officer currently assigned as a liaison to the Selective Service for the state of Mississippi.