Mr. Barton has a wide practice in civil litigation and has tried cases in state and federal courts. He has defended claims involving professional liability, premises liability, intellectual property and personal injury. He has also defended criminal cases in state and federal courts. He has argued cases before the Tennessee Court of Appeals and Supreme Court as well as the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Barton has been an invited speaker for continuing professional education courses. His topics have included professional and ethical guidelines for engineers and architects.
- B.A., University of Mississippi, 1980
- J.D., Georgia State University, 1988
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Tennessee Lien Law Committee
- Named to the Best Lawyers in America in the field of construction law (2009-2011).
Active in local community activities including Youth Leadership of Memphis.
Papers, Presentations & Publications:
- Tennessee, 1989
- Georgia, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1995
Mr. Barton has spoken and lectured before professional groups including a presentation on ethics for professional architects and engineers.